So, I received a nomination for One Lovely Blog Award, thanks to Sharon at leadership2mommyship. In all honesty, recognition does feel good. 🙂 I thank Sharon for reading my blog and thinking I was worthy of this nomination. Sharon also nominated Ipuna Black, my sister. I guess she’s got good taste! LOL
I was nominated for another blog award once before. At the time, I was super busy and wasn’t able to participate by posting about the nomination and nominating 10-15 other people in return. But, I can participate now.
Those who I nominated shouldn’t feel forced to participate, but I just thought I’d let you know that your content and words are appreciated.
7 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I’m a mother to a 22 month-old daughter and a wife. My daughter is amazing and has changed my life.
- I’ve written 2 novels, both currently being professionally edited. I’m hoping to land an agent.
- I have a master’s degree in television, radio, and film. I also have a bachelor’s degree in film production and electronic media, with a minor in creative writing.
- I have 2 dogs: Abraham (8 years old), a Japanese Chin/Yorkie mix, and Abigail (7 years old), a Japanese Chin. We are now shopping around for pet insurance because Abraham might have a torn ligament or at least arthritis! Can you believe it? Ugh!
- I used to have red wine at night, but have traded in the wine for a good book. I don’t drink at all anymore and I read every night for about 3 hours. The book I just finished reading is The Skin Collector by Jeffery Deaver. I finished it in 3 days, it was that good! I got a signed copy of the book by chance, as the hard copy was on clearance at Barnes & Noble. Yes, I’m a Barnes & Noble member.
- My favorite band of all time is Metallica. I think they’re coming to L.A. soon and I would love to get a baby sitter for the night and see them live. I’ve never seen them in concert!
- I have a very spoiled ivory Apple Snail/Mystery snail that I’ve raised since birth. The Apple snail (1.5 years old) lives in a 10-gallon tank and has it all to him/herself (not sure the sex). It loves organic kale leaves. Unfortunately, I haven’t named him/her yet. 🙂
(Not in any particular order in regards to, who is better. Everyone is great and I am sorry if I missed you and didn’t get to add you to the list.)
- Eyes & Words
- The Silent Wave
- Rake Poetry
- This Tiny Blue House
- The Showers of Blessing
- Behind The White Coat
- Singular Fiction
- Amusing Nonsense
- Summer Shines
- Journey Towards Healing
- A Bit Of Wiggle Room
- Send Sunshine
- And Then There Was One
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
THE BOTTOM LINE:
My nominee list runs the gamut of poets, non-fiction and fiction writers, those living with depression or autism, as well as bloggers who are spiritually religious and those who are atheists. I am an avid reader and follow an eclectic variety of bloggers because I am eclectic, myself, and I find that you can gain a lot from people with different backgrounds and beliefs that might not mirror our own.
My definition of “lovely” is honesty in writing. So, for me “lovely” blogs can be heavy/serious topics, uplifting ones or anything in between. Above all, I appreciate everyone who reads what I write and I equally appreciate the effort and beauty in the words of those I follow.
Happy blogging and have a fantastic week!