I received the Versatile Blogger nominee from Tired Mind Typing Fingers who is an awesome blogger. I am really humbled by this award, I’d like to think that I’m versatile or at least I try to be. There are so many amazing bloggers out there, so hard to get through all of the posts. But, I do try to read as much as I can and comment.
The rules say to thank the person who nominated you (also providing a link to their blog), nominate 10 blogs you feel should be awarded, and then share 7 interesting facts about yourself.
The 10 blogs I’m nominating for the Versatile Blogger Award:
❤ My apologies if you’ve already received it or don’t feel like participating. ❤
7 Interesting Things About Me
1. I’m seeing Metallica July 29th! They are my favorite band of all time. They are coming here and I wasn’t sure if I was going to go. But, I am GOING! The tickets were expensive, but totally worth it. Sometimes we have to do something we love even if it cost a little money. In the end, we build memories and that’s what matters.
2. I am working full-time now and I absolutely ❤ what I do! I was freelancing part-time before and at home with my daughter. I did this for 3 years (during the entire pregnancy and the 2 years after.) She just turned 2 years old and ready to go to preschool. I feel a little guilty for enjoying going back to work and I do miss our times together. But, she’s super smart and ready to go to preschool. She loves to learn and read books like her Momma! ❤
3. I used to drink red wine at night, my guilty pleasure. But, found that it made my depression worse. So, I traded in the wine for books. It’s my healthier addiction. I was reading a book a week, but now I’m up to reading 2 books a week. My husband calls me a nerd and I find that to be the highest compliment…ever. 🙂
4. I’ve learned that forgiveness is a long process, one that often takes years. Sometimes we go through the cycle of grief and think we’re beyond it. Then, we find out that some memories from our past still hurts. So, I’m learning to allow those feelings to surface and go through the process of repairing and healing. I love self-discovery and find to be a reflective individual. Loved ones have told me that my strengths are my insight and introspection.
5. Ever since I had my daughter, I have to go to bed early. My nightly routine now is to read and try to do some writing or editing my novel. I’m trying to adjust to the schedule now of not having every day to revise my manuscript. So, I have to do it on the weekends and evenings.
6. I’m a coffee lover and have this big 32-ounce stainless steel coffee mug I drink every morning. I also think I’m addicted to Diet Coke. Sort of have an addictive personality, thank God I never did drugs. Yikes. I once got addicted to Pac-Man. Yep. So, lately I’ve been buying those carbonated flavored waters. They seem to help with the Diet Coke cravings.
7. I’m a bit of a social media fanatic. I’m good at it and have more social media followers than I do real friends in real life. I wonder if that’s a reflection on my personality or lack there of? 🙂 I tend to have a dark sense of humor and often tend to have social anxiety around groups of people I know. The more I know them, the more uncomfortable I grow. Should be the reverse, right?
Anyhow, I’m admitting that it’s easier for me to befriend strangers on social media sites and talk to random people in coffee shops. But, when it comes to long-term friendships, they’re hard for me. I’ve dealt with depression and often hid it from people. Sometimes, I find that many don’t understand. But, I’ve been feeling much better since I’ve been back to work full-time and taking my meds on a regular basis. I also think that the fact that I grew up a military brat and had to move around a lot caused some disconnect. You make friends, but then you have to move. Then you make friends again, and then have to move again.
Story of my life. 🙂
I’m learning how to get out of my shell and be more open to intimacy in the sense of trusting people and making friends…as in real life and not on the Internet.
Thank you so much for reading, I realize my answers are a bit long. 🙂
Have a great week! FYI…I’m so tired and headed to bed to read! I’m currently reading The Fix, by David Baldacci. I’ll be posting my next 10 books I’ve read and recommend very soon.